Lawyers Professional Liability
Help Your Clients Safeguard Their Firm
Monitor Liability Managers has been providing Lawyers Professional Liability (LPL) Insurance for more than 20 years. Our comprehensive LPL Insurance manages the risks inherent in the legal profession and eases the financial and administrative burdens that can accompany professional liability claims.
- Law firms with one to 50 lawyers
- Broad definition of insured includes past, present and future employees and members of the firm, independent contractors, of-counsels, heirs, executors, administrators and legal representatives
- Broad definition of professional services includes service as an arbitrator, mediator, title agent, author and/or member of a board or committee related to the legal profession
1This coverage overview is not a part of an insurance contract and does not supersede the policy. Please read the policy form for complete terms, conditions and exclusions. Premiums and terms depend on the size and type of organization and other factors.
- Broad definition of claim
- Extended reporting period options
- 60-day automatic extended reporting period
- Automatic coverage for attorneys joining the firm during the policy period
- Worldwide coverage
- Limits of liability of up to $5 million
- Deductibles available from $1,000
- Primary or excess coverage available
Monitor Liability Managers
Monitor, a member company of W. R. Berkley Corporation, provides executive and professional liability insurance for small to mid-sized businesses, firms and organizations nationally. Experienced leadership, comprehensive insurance knowledge and a well-established reputation for flexible and responsive underwriting allows us to provide coverage unsurpassed in the marketplace.
A+ Rated Insurance Carrier
- Berkley Insurance Company (Admitted)
- Rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
Monitor’s claim management services are the cornerstone of the insurance coverage we offer to our policyholders. We strive to promptly resolve claims and to provide the best possible outcome for our policyholders and their agent or broker.
Risk Management Services
Risk management and practice assistance is provided for policyholders through a toll-free helpline. The helpline service is provided to reduce the risk of litigation and offer basic guidance on best practices
Complimentary risk management services are provided by Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP.
“Note the information on this page is for informative and educational purposes only and is not a contract for insurance please review any and all policies specific language contained within the policies and consult your insurance agent/and or legal counsel to review actual coverage provided in any policies you choose to purchase.”